Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us and we are continually monitoring and responding to the Covid-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
On your visit to Waddesdon we will need you to do things differently to help us to stay open safely:
• Please do not visit if a member of your household has had any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
• Waddesdon will be in Tier 3 from Sat 19 December and is making some changes to reflect the new requirements - however the Christmas Fair, Winter Light trails, Manor illuminations, Manor Wine and Gift Shop, buses and toilets will be operating as planned.
• All visitors from England must check local Covid alert levels, and ensure your visit adheres to the rules associated with the applicable level.
• Please scan the NHS Test & Trace QR code on arrival
• Visitors are reminded that the law stipulates that you may only visit or interact in a group of up to six people (unless visiting in a household or support bubble which is larger than 6) outdoors. Please do not make arrangements to meet others at Waddesdon which will exceed the 'Rule of 6'.
• Visitors should follow any instructional signage indicating social distance spacing, one way routes etc
• Please bring a face covering with you. Coverings must be worn on shuttle buses, while visiting the Christmas Fair, and all indoor places including the restaurant (until seated), the Coach House gallery, toilets and shop (unless you are exempt)
• Please ensure you wash your hands before visiting and during your visit. We encourage you to also bring your own hand sansitiser. Hand sanitiser stations are available for use outside toilets and at the Woodland Playground
• Unfortunately, the Manor Restaurant will be unable to serve afternoon tea and Parallels light installation in the Coach House will be closed from 19 December due to Tier 3 regulations.
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
• Arrival time slots to manage visitor flow at arrival
• Opening until 7.30pm and adding extra time slots to manage visitor flow
• Revised walking routes to avoid crowding
• One way route through Winter Light trail to manage visitor flow
• Monitoring the visitor flow around the Christmas Fair
• Additional cleaning across the grounds each day and evening
• Additional screens and staff visors in the shops and food-to-go outlets
• Face coverings will be worn by all staff in visitor-facing roles and traders in the Christmas Fair
• Hand sanitiser stations outside toilets, cafes and at the woodland playground
We will continue to review procedures and further updates will be given in the normal course of our correspondence with you.
Visitors should note that:
• Festive food-to-go (12noon-7pm) will be available from the Woodland café, Treaterie at the Stables and the Manor terrace coffee bar. Your redeemable voucher may be used at these Waddesdon catering outlets.
• Face coverings must be worn when purchasing from our food-to-go outlets
• Unfortunately, Covid-19 precautions prevent us from offering seating outside close to our food outlets, including the Manor courtyard
NHS Test and Trace
We have a responsibility to share your contact details with the NHS Test and Trace service if required, as a result of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 having listed Waddesdon as a place they recently visited, or because Waddesdon has been identified as the location of a local outbreak of COVID-19. NHS Test and Trace provide assurance that they will only ever use the data provided to them for this specific public health purpose, and that they will handle the data in line with the highest ethical and security standards. You may opt out of this arrangement by ticking the opt out box at the end of the booking journey.
If Christmas at Waddesdon is for any reason cancelled, you will be notified and offered an alternative date, if available, or a full refund.