Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us and we are continually monitoring and responding to the Covid-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
On your visit to Christmas at Waddesdon we will need you to do things differently to help us to stay open safely:
• Please do not visit if a member of your household has had any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
• All visitors from England must check whether you live in an area subject to 'medium - tier 1', 'high - tier 2' or 'very high - tier 3' local Covid alert levels, and ensure your visit adheres to the rules associated with the applicable level.
• Visitors must follow the rules applicable for the area where you live, thus if resident in Tier 2 or 3 you must not interact with people outside your household in any of our indoor areas, including the house and restaurant
• Please scan the NHS Test & Trace QR code on arrival and when seated in the Manor Restaurant or sat outside the food to go outlets - the Treaterie at the Stables or Woodland Café where there are separate QR codes
• Visitors are reminded that the law stipulates that you may only visit or interact in a group of up to six people (unless visiting in a household or support bubble which is larger than 6) outdoors. Please do not make arrangements to meet others at Waddesdon which will exceed the 'Rule of 6'. Note there are different rules for different tiers about limiting interaction indoors to household groups/bubbles only
• Visitors should follow any instructional signage indicating social distance spacing, one way routes etc
• Please bring a face covering with you. Coverings must be worn on shuttle buses, while visiting the Christmas Fair, and all indoor places including the restaurant (until seated), the Coach House gallery, toilets and shop (unless you are exempt)
• Please ensure you wash your hands before visiting and during your visit. We encourage you to also bring your own hand sansitiser. Hand sanitiser stations are available for use outside toilets and at the Woodland Playground
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
• Arrival time slots to manage visitor flow at arrival
• Opening until 7.30pm and adding extra time slots to manage visitor flow
• Revised walking routes to avoid crowding
• One way route through Winter Light trail to manage visitor flow
• Monitoring the visitor flow around the Christmas Fair
• Additional cleaning across the grounds each day and evening
• Additional screens and staff visors in the shops and food-to-go outlets
• Face coverings will be worn by all staff in visitor-facing roles and traders in the Christmas Fair
• Hand sanitiser stations outside toilets, cafes and at the woodland playground
We will continue to review procedures and further updates will be given in the normal course of our correspondence with you.
Visitors should note that:
• Festive food-to-go (12noon-7pm) will be available from the Woodland café (with some outdoor seating), Treaterie at the Stables (with some outdoor seating) and the Manor terrace coffee bar. Your redeemable voucher may be used at these Waddesdon catering outlets.
• Face coverings must be worn when purchasing from our food-to-go outlets
• Unfortunately, Covid-19 precautions prevent us from offering seating outside close to our other food outlets, including the Manor courtyard
• Indoor catering is limited to pre-booked Christmas Afternoon Teas in the Manor Restaurant. The Stables Café will not be open and there will be no availability for afternoon teas on the day
• Face coverings must be word in the Manor Restaurant until seated and eating/drinking
NHS Test and Trace
We have a responsibility to share your contact details with the NHS Test and Trace service if required, as a result of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 having listed Waddesdon as a place they recently visited, or because Waddesdon has been identified as the location of a local outbreak of COVID-19. NHS Test and Trace provide assurance that they will only ever use the data provided to them for this specific public health purpose, and that they will handle the data in line with the highest ethical and security standards. You may opt out of this arrangement by ticking the opt out box at the end of the booking journey.
If Christmas at Waddesdon is for any reason cancelled, you will be notified and offered an alternative date, if available, or a full refund.